View Single Post
Old 06-18-2012, 10:03 AM   #22 (permalink)
shadoquad
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: .
shadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmike2780 View Post
Eat less calories than you burn=weight loss. Simple as that. What you eat determines how healthy you are. These types of diets are great, but you need to keep it healthy and balanced....above all, exercise as much as you can or you'll gain that weight back pretty fast.
I agree that exercise is more important than diet, but both are important. I know because I do neither, and I'm over three bills at this point.

But, I wanted to say that if you do a diet and exercise path, you shouldn't tie your results strictly to weight. Adding exercise may increase your muscle mass, and muscle outweighs fat. Plus, as you become more fit, it will take more effort to shed pounds. So what tends to happen is that people plateau with the weight. They reach a point and stop losing, and they get frustrated. But this plateau involves gaining muscle if you're still really pushing yourself with the cardio.

I say all this because I just finished a major effort to setup a workout room in my house. I now have my cardio equipment facing a huge television right outside my bedroom. I have to walk past it now every day. Nightly exercise is about to happen.
shadoquad is offline   Reply With Quote