View Single Post
Old 06-18-2012, 07:51 AM   #13 (permalink)
onzedge
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370Z 240Z
onzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEpointfive0 View Post
As long as YOU'RE ok, that's all you should care about... And I believe you'll have to pay the deductible...

I have almost hit a deer too... How bad did it feel? How fast were you going?
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11Thumper View Post
You're ok that's what counts.

I think in most states this is covered with insurance. Hope you're taken care of.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 370Z Purist View Post
This should most definitely be covered by insurance. I know some policies are very picky and will only pay for this under comprehensive (meaning a larger deductible) as opposed to collision, due to it being an animal and not necessarily another person in their car, or any of many other insurance-related reasons.

Since you said you were going the speed limit but managed to puncture your radiator, I'd guess 30-40 miles an hour?

That said, you're lucky the deer became lunchmeat and not you. A friend of mine hit a large buck and totaled the car completely. It was a small rural road with a 55 mph limit so the deer came in through the windshield and broke his arm.

Good to hear you're fine. Forgive the random story.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenki370 View Post
Like others have said, the most important thing is that you are ok. I was in a car that hit a deer once, luckily it jumped and the car was low enough that the fender just clipped the legs so we didnt have the major impact of hitting one. Your insurance should cover it, but most likely under comprehensive. I hope there is nothing wrong structually. Make sure you take the car to a body shop that you know and trust. If you dont have one, ask the local nissan dealer who they use for their repairs as a start.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenchan View Post
Sorry to hear. Glad ure OK though. Yes, insurance should cover that, talk to ur agent and file a claim.
I am glad you are OK and your insurance should take care of it. Do you get to keep the meat? It is already tenderized courtesy of the Z.