View Single Post
Old 06-18-2012, 06:49 AM   #26 (permalink)
mults
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2010 (40th) #706
mults has a reputation beyond reputemults has a reputation beyond reputemults has a reputation beyond reputemults has a reputation beyond reputemults has a reputation beyond reputemults has a reputation beyond reputemults has a reputation beyond reputemults has a reputation beyond reputemults has a reputation beyond reputemults has a reputation beyond reputemults has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by svmtbman View Post
Just put them on and I have to say this is the easiest mod I've done so far. It took maybe 10 minutes to do the install. I didn't have to move the fender liner, on my '11 you can reach right up above the front tire and reach the back side of the hole when the clip is removed. I just put the nut on my finger and lined it up and then threaded the ball stud onto the nut.

When you open the hood the struts do not lift the hood on their on (which is a good thing), you basically lift the hood and it feels weightless. You can stop at any point and the hood stays there. It's also pretty easy to close as well.
I agree, this was a very easy mod. The only thing that I had to do was lift the car about an inch so my arm could fit into the wheel well. Tomorrow, when I go back to the local car show, I won't have to worry about the hood blowing off of the prop rod. Kudos, Z1 for the great solution!
Build Date/Number: 1/27/2010 #706
Berk HFC + CBE, R2C CAI, Clear Bra, Cleveland Z Club
mults is offline   Reply With Quote