View Single Post
Old 06-17-2012, 10:41 PM   #1 (permalink)
TeRRoRiFiC35
Base Member

Drives: '11 G37x Sedan
TeRRoRiFiC35 is on a distinguished road
Default DPE Wheels.... My never ending nightmare.

I thought I would tell you all my story thus far with my experience with DPE. I originally ordered my S20's with step lips and matte black centers on April 22, 2011 through DPE, not a dealer. After paying half the amount of the wheels that day I was told these would take 4-6 weeks to get done. On May 27, 2011 I received a call from one of the DPE representatives telling me my wheels would ship out after Memorial Day. When I did not receive an e-mail with a tracking number nor an update, I decided to e-mail them on June 6, 2011. They told me my wheels were in the final stages of being put together and should be shipped out soon. Once again no word from them so I e-mailed them on June 15, 2011 to find out what the deal was and receive no answer at all this time. I e-mail them again on June 22, 2011 telling them how upset I was with the situation at hand and they finally decide to answer because I also had a sponsor on my350z to contact them. They finally decide to tell me they don't have the step lips I wanted and were waiting for the shipment to come in. Figuring it shouldn't take much longer, I decided to give them another opportunity to make this situation right. On July 13, 2011 I e-mail them again giving them an ultimatum of finishing my wheels that week or to give me a full refund. They e-mail me back asking me to call them to discuss options and the person I needed to speak to wasn't there(yet somehow e-mailed me). The next day they call me and reassure me that my wheels will be shipped out the next day. Obviously they missed their ship date yet again. On July 20, 2011 they tell me they finally got my step lips and they were polishing them so they could put them together. Next day I receive an e-mail containing pics of the wheels with an e-mail stating "Here is a shot of the center I just took, and I have the barrels that we got in today when I was supposed to get them on Monday.". That makes me question why are you telling me it was the lips and not the inner barrel. I finally get the wheels at my house AUGUST 10, 2011. After that, I decided I wasn't going to throw the on till next spring since it was too late in the summer for me to justify using them. I put them in my bedroom and leave them there.

The spring comes and I put on the wheels finally. After two weeks of use, one of the wheel's powdercoating chips off with no damage being made from an outside source. I tell DPE about this and they tell me to ship the wheel to them. Being pissed off about this, I tell them I want them to send me a replacement wheel in the mean time or to powdercoat all 4 wheels because I fear the color won't match. They assure me it will match and that they won't send me a replacement for the time being. Just wanting this to be over with, I ship out the wheel and they receive it on May 11 of this year. On June 6 they tell me my wheel should ship out the following week. Obviously since I am posting this I still don't have the wheel. It does not take 5 weeks to strip the paint and powdercoat it. Even if they email me tomorrow saying it was shipped out, it still doesn't excuse these problems. I just want the damn wheel back already so I can sell them since I am getting rid of the car they were on. Never again will I buy a set of wheels from them.
TeRRoRiFiC35 is offline   Reply With Quote