View Single Post
Old 06-17-2012, 12:04 AM   #1 (permalink)
Alstann
Track Member

Drives: 12 PW 370z 6MT Sport
Alstann is a name known to allAlstann is a name known to allAlstann is a name known to allAlstann is a name known to allAlstann is a name known to allAlstann is a name known to all
Default Driving without one O2 sensor?

I know this sounds stupid, but...

I recently attempted to rid my car of the stock cats, and while the passenger side bolts came loose after some muscle, there was one bolt on the driver side that absolutely defeated me. I tried everything, and I'm talking everything. Impact wrench, huge breaker bar, PB blaster, ATF fluid, letting the car heat up to operating temp, and nothing. I eventually rounded the bolt slightly by accident, and at that point, I tried using the Grip Tite socket - I snapped the socket into pieces.

My only solution to remove the cat is to now drive my car to a shop, and have them attempt to remove the bolt, or simply just cut the damn cat out. My question is...would the car be able to drive with one open header? It sounds stupid, but if I can limp the car home, I would have no issues installing the HFC's I have. I'd prefer to not have the shop install my HFC's for me, since I'm completely competent in installing them myself, and don't want to get charged an arm and a leg.

Edit: Now that I think about it, this is an incredibly stupid idea. The exhaust gas will be shooting directly into places it shouldn't be. I'll just have a shop install them.

Last edited by Alstann; 06-17-2012 at 12:09 AM.
Alstann is offline   Reply With Quote