View Single Post
Old 06-15-2012, 11:37 PM   #6 (permalink)
Jordo!
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2023 NATM
Jordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z34Driver View Post
It is similar to the Paleolithic diet. My sister is a personal trainer in Vinings, GA and has been on the Paleolithic diet for a while now. She says the main difference between the two is that the Primal Blueprint allows dairy and some cheese in small amounts. I'll admit I haven't read up enough to know for sure that what she says is true, but I trust her enough.

Just out of curiosity, how do you feel when you eat outside of the regular Paleolithic diet, say something with high amounts of grains or sugar?
I don't deviate all that much from it, but on the rare occasion I have some kind of greasy or sugary food: Like crap.

Pasta and rice are necessary to feed lots of people, but there's virtually no nutritional value to them (and after all, most wheat flour is enriched with vitamins...).

Dairy and beans -- the enzymes that digest those things increase or decrease based on what you eat, but you always need animal protein, omega acids, vitamin C, etc.

It's really only things like sweet potatoes that don't quite fit the theory and subsequent diet well. Gotta cook them to eat, but lots of vitamin A and E, so not bad to include.

And... grains are good at helping one fend off certain kinds of microscopic organisms (well, mainly because they are non-nutrient...).

But, really, it's a no-brainer that anything that requires tons of processing to make edible is simply NOT something we evolved to eat naturally.

Although try and tell some people that bread is not food and they will look at you like you're an alien