View Single Post
Old 06-15-2012, 10:14 AM   #3 (permalink)
Z34Driver
Base Member

Drives: 09 Nissan 370Z PW M6
Z34Driver is on a distinguished road

Just a different way of eating / exercising really. After graduating from college and getting a kushy work from home job, I had put on a few pounds. Eating fast food 4x a day can definitely do it quickly. I'm 6' 4", and I feel like that's already kinda pushing it to fit comfortably in the Z. Anyway, not only was I lacking head room, the seat wasn't wide enough for my fat azz, to sit comfortably anyway. 6'4", about 265 lbs when I bought the car, I decided to try the Primal Blueprint, like a few friends of mine that are working in the ATL office of the company I work for.

Basically, you just cut out grains / legumes / carbs / highly processed foods... eat high quality cuts of meat and vegetables, fruits, nuts (Low carb / low sugar),...like the Cavemen did...sorta like the Paleo diet, only Primal allows you dairy and cheese. It doesn't sound that fun, but it's really not that hard. Anyway, I've been doing it for 26 days now, not getting anywhere near the recommended amount of exercise and it's still working great. Already from 2XL shirts to XL, and back in some shorts that I bought last year that didn't fit me a month ago.

A typical day for me would be to have a cup of coffee in the morning with cream and a little real sugar, with 3-4 pieces of bacon and 2-3 fried eggs for breakfast. I usually make a big spinach salad with free range chicken and cucumbers for lunch. Then for dinner grass fed beef or bison burgers on the grill. I'll top them with some cheese and a fried egg, some mushrooms, peppers, tomatoes, just either use romaine lettuce or nothing for a bun...Or, Pizza, topped however, made with a Cauliflower base, that has been fed to little kids who don't even notice a difference...

I knew it was a long shot, but just curious if anyone else was / has been, at least in part, inspired by their Z to live a Healthier lifestyle.
Z34Driver is offline   Reply With Quote