View Single Post
Old 06-14-2012, 07:28 PM   #170 (permalink)
Shamu
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370Z Racecar
Shamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by danegrey View Post
This is a great thread, read it all today not just parts.
I ran an AutoX last Sunday, and for the class did not do too bad. I was running with a local club that follows NASA rules, so I was in BS, which also had a 91 CRX, 99 Mazda Miata, 93 Honda Civic, which all did sub 50's. Those were pure autox cars based on mods. In the mostly stock cars I was in the hunt. I turned a 54.501 just behind a 2010 Camero SS that did a 54.343.

Any how, I ran tire pressures of 38 front / 35 rear, its 100% a stock car. My biggest question is understeer, Now I am not quite sure if was lack of grip, lead foot or what. The rear's stuck with the 35 pressure.

I use my left foot for braking, so I got it into 2nd and left there. I feather it through the turns via braking and throttle. It was fun.

So anyone has any suggestions as to what I my problem might be.
I thought throttle cut on our cars as soon as brakes are engaged. did your year not have throttle cut when your on brakes? Left foot braking with throttle off is ...well braking

Car with stock tires and alignment will understeer. You need bigger front tires and some negative camber up front to control understeer.

Last edited by Shamu; 06-14-2012 at 07:32 PM.
Shamu is offline   Reply With Quote