Thread: [For Sale] Small Part Out
View Single Post
Old 06-14-2012, 12:49 PM   #14 (permalink)
mengel
Base Member

Drives: 2009 370Z
mengel is on a distinguished road

On paper they are about the same speed. S5 is 0-60 5.1 and 1/4 mile 13.3. I think those numbers are maybe a little fast but that is what it says on paper. The Z clocks the same numbers but feels a tick quicker. I think it might be just a feeling since the Z is smaller, lower and with the V6 the RPM's are higher.

As far as the handling they both handle great, but again the Z has that "on rails" feeling, but the S5 is great too.

The nice thing about the S5 is the AWD, no need for traction control and 0 wheel spin, I like that. Both my Z and the S5 are automatics with paddles, but I really don't use them that much. I think the Z got better gas mileage, but who cares.

What I don't miss is the road noise and blind spots on the Z. While they were never a deal breaker, I just got tired of almost changing lanes into people and yelling at my girl friend while driving on dates. The freeways in Vegas has those horrible groves in them and it makes it so loud.

The Audi rides great, very quite and all around a great car. I would not say one is better than the other, they are too different. I would say I had more fun in the Z, but the Audi is awesome ride.

Things about the Audi I really find myself liking is the stupid things. Headlight that turn when I turn and raise up as you go faster to see farther down the road. It has side assist, which blinks a yellow light on the rear view mirrors if someone is in your blind spot. The smart key automatically unlocks the door as you walk up to the car, which is kinda cool and a back seat is nice.

I wish I had enough money to keep the Z and have both of them. It was a sad day at the dealership when I turned the 370's keys over. In the end, I think I made the right decision for me to trade it in. I just will miss the fun I had in the Z and the lines on the car are sick.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0692.jpg (777.6 KB, 13 views)