Thread: door speakers
View Single Post
Old 06-13-2012, 04:00 PM   #38 (permalink)
BlkNismo
Track Member

Drives: Nismo
BlkNismo is on a distinguished road

Update.

As last update stated, I still need to dynamat the trunk/hatch area to complete my project. I have 3 sheets of dynamat extreme left from the bulk pack after doing the doors.

Rather then ordering more dynamat, I decided to go ahead and use what I had for the time being. This morning I tore down the trunk interior and installed my last 3 bulk dynamat peices. I was able to cover the floor board, wheel archers as best as I could and a bit on the tail light side. Took 2 hours.

For anyone looking to cover the entire hatch space, you would probably require 5-6 bulk peices.

After driving around town and interstate I can notice a further improvement of noise reduction from just dynamat on doors only. You can hear more engine noise(which I like) now as most of the hatch noise is gone. Tire noise was cut down significantly.

In total I have used an entire bulk pack, 3 pieces for each door and 3 pieces in the hatch area.

Perhaps full coverage would yield better sound reduction, however I feel I have got to a level that is comfortable and I am happy with the end result.

1 bulk pack is aprox. 20lbs added weight and very much worth it for the noise reduction it offers.
BlkNismo is offline   Reply With Quote