View Single Post
Old 06-13-2012, 03:11 PM   #4 (permalink)
Kenny
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2011 Nissan 370Z
Kenny has a spectacular aura aboutKenny has a spectacular aura aboutKenny has a spectacular aura about

I have one credit card that I use for autopaying my cellphone bill. It's more or less the same charge every month. Then one day I got a charge for $2500 in truck services at a Chevy dealership in North Carolina. Needless to say I was outraged so I called my credit card company to contest the charge. The customer service rep kept asking me if I'm sure those aren't my charges that I just "forgot about." I kept telling him I never even been to North Carolina, much less paid $2500 in truck services. So the credit company investigated and eventually sided with me.

So a few weeks pass and I think this issue is done with. Nope, the Chevy dealership is adamant that I spent $2500 in truck services at their dealership so they recharged my credit card for the same amount. I call my credit card company again to complain and tell them this isn't the first time this has happened. Also, I demand to see a receipt or invoice with my signature stating I was there on the day in question spending $2500 at their dealership. So my credit card company reinvestigates and I eventually get a copy of a receipt with my "signature." On the signature line was, SEE DRIVER'S LICENSE. I call my credit card company again to raise hell, the stupid customer service rep kept suggesting that maybe I was in North Carolina and I just forgot. I told him to just look at my past credit utilization history for the last 3 years, it's been the same $90 cellphone charge every month then this oddball $2500 bill from some random dealership.

They eventually cleared the charge, canceled that credit card, and reissued a new card w/ new numbers. During the time it took for the credit card company to investigate the charge, I refused to pay the $2500 even though it was accuring interest. At the end they cleared the charge and the interest. I suspect that my credit card number was stolen from someone on the inside, either the credit card or cellphone company. The lesson to take away, you can never be too vigilant.