View Single Post
Old 06-13-2012, 02:07 PM   #25 (permalink)
kenchan
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: N/A
kenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SailFree View Post
1) Manual says DO NOT PRESS DOWN ON SPOILER.
2) If latch is a bit misaligned, slamming or dropping can cause hatch to warp a little. I think this happened to the hood of my Infiniti when I was selling it and let a guy drive it around for a half hour. I didn't notice till next morning.

3) The auto body experts I asked say to lower hood or hatch, make sure the latches are aligned, and then press down over the latch areas.
that's because dumbarses will put their weight on the spoiler... let's use some common sense here...

also, i would never do the 'make sure the latches are aligned, press down on the hood' on the Z. you will risk bending the hood.

sailfree- it is time you rely on experience and not just data.
kenchan is offline   Reply With Quote