View Single Post
Old 06-13-2012, 12:56 PM   #45 (permalink)
Augustus
Base Member

Drives: 2011 370Z Touring M6
Augustus is on a distinguished road

Someone was mucking about with your Z's brakes. The dealership first told you that you had the "Sport without the brake upgrade", but then magically found a box in the back with your parts. That's BS. Something fishy was definitely going on here, as others have said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenchan View Post
awesome! good to hear you got this resolved.

honestly i thought sport packages come out of the factory with everything less the front diffuser installed.

kenchan makes a good point though . . .

Check to make sure you got the other parts that your Z was supposed to come with.
  1. All 370Z's come with a pair of small diffusers that sit in front of the front tires that are dealer-installed. Lie down on the ground in front of your car. There should be a black plastic thing hanging down in front of each wheel. If they're not there and not in a plastic bag in your trunk, call the dealer.
  2. The Sport package models come with additional front chin deflector. Make sure this installed. As I do not have a Sport, I can't describe exactly what it is, so you may have to browse around here to find a pic (or, I'm sure someone will chime in).
  3. You do have the 19" RAYS wheels, right? Maybe I missed it earlier in the thread, but that and the presence of a spoiler are the easiest visual way to distinguish a Sport from a Non-Sport. At least on a brand-new Z. Wheels are easily swapped, of course.
  4. And on that note, you've got a spoiler, right? From the factory; no Spoiler, no Sport

Last edited by Augustus; 06-13-2012 at 01:03 PM.
Augustus is offline   Reply With Quote