Thread: 2013 On Order
View Single Post
Old 06-13-2012, 02:45 AM   #35 (permalink)
Magic Bus
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 17 6MT M2
Magic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond repute

Today, the Sales Rep from the Ford dealer that I test drove a Mustang GT at 4+ weeks ago (the day before I test drove the Z) gave me a call. Said they have a new Grey GT 6mt that just came in and his sales manager (whom I met) is willing to go really low, next to invoice, to get my business.

I informed them back then, that I decided to special order the 2013Z. I thought, that was that. But I gotta say, these guys are persistent. This was their 4th call since then. First call was the day after my visit, their female receptionist called thanking me for visiting their dealership and asking if their sales rep was professional & helpful. 2nd, Sales Rep, to see if I was still set on the Z. Third, Sales Rep to inform me of a 2011 Shelby GT that came in as a trade.

The Nissan dealership that I ordered my Z from and left a $2,000 deposit has not called or contacted me once in over 4 weeks! No thank you card, call, not even a thank you email, no calls to say the order was placed.....nothing. Wow, I committed to give them over $30 grand, and they said, I will appreciate their follow up and service dept? WTF I had to call them a week ago to verify that my order was placed.

What do you guys think? Should I possibly cancel my order with the current Nissan dealer and go with the 2nd Nissan dealer that ordered my car without a down, plus followed up with me? Or should I check out Ford again? Problem is, not enthusiastic about the Mustang GT looks. Boss or Shelby GT, maybe, but not sure I can justify the price difference over the Z in my mind.
Magic Bus is offline   Reply With Quote