Thread: Sense of Speed
View Single Post
Old 06-13-2012, 12:31 AM   #43 (permalink)
Jordo!
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2023 NATM
Jordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SailFree View Post
A song by The Waitresses had that title around 30 years ago...
I know that song. Didn't it get used as the theme to a sitcom? Pretty good band.

I've heard that driving 5-10 below below the speed limit was found to be more highly associated with accidents than driving 5-10 above, but it's not as if there aren't car wrecks on the Autobahn...

I'm going to ignore your advice and do some research anyway -- thanks for posting

EDIT: Here's a NHTSA.gov link with a pdf of some findings and conclusions -- they mention, and do not dismiss, Cimino's work, but also note that speed changes and other factors matter quite a bit.

Anyway, more contemporary (from 2005) findings to muse over. Check it out if so inclined
Attached Files
File Type: pdf ferguson.pdf (270.4 KB, 7 views)

Last edited by Jordo!; 06-14-2012 at 02:28 PM.
Jordo! is offline   Reply With Quote