View Single Post
Old 06-12-2012, 09:14 PM   #29 (permalink)
Tombonombona
Base Member

Drives: 2012 370z Mag Black
Tombonombona is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordo! View Post
Any new updates on this?

It's not really an issue of how much boost, but rather how much peak torque can be made before a piston breaks from overpower, provided no evidence of knock.

My guess is you could make about as much power as with any other kit on a stock motor -- the major difference would be near instant torque and peak boost reached much faster than with other kinds of FI.

Because peak boost can be made more quickly, that will put a little more strain on mechanical parts, but again, my guess is it will overall make similar gains but with better responsiveness.

A roots blown engine just feels like a bigger version of the same engine -- the Z would easily feel like it had a V8 with a roots blower.

Isn't that the point? Haha.. I love boost, don't get me wrong, but I am coming from the subaru world were it is mash the gas- wait for boost- wait for boost- have a drink - wait for boost- ook there it is. Some actual throttle response is very nice.
Tombonombona is offline   Reply With Quote