View Single Post
Old 06-12-2012, 01:03 PM   #13 (permalink)
CorbinDallas
Base Member

Drives: 12' 370z White Sport
CorbinDallas is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by indyn View Post
Hopefully this revision will work. Replaced the original Graphite gasket with another one, didn't work, tried Hi temp RTV three times and still no proper seal.
Spent almost half the price of ART pipes on labor so far !!!

Current owners of older design ART pipes should get the updated design replaced under warranty.
I agree 100% with this statement. I purchased the V2 pipes 1 month ago and literally the very next day I heard there was going to be a revise to the V3 pipes. I called Tony's shop (before I had even opened the box) and asked what the revisions were going to be. If significant I would return my pipes and wait until the new production was out. I was told the ONLY change was to the metal material being used during manufacturing and that I should install the V2 pipes without worry. Now that I find out the flange was entirely revised to fit the OEM O-ring type gasket I am a little disappointed. This is a HUGE improvement to the product overall in my opinion. I've tried several of times to fix the current leak I'm having using the RTV gasket maker without success and quite honestly I'm sick of getting under there. Tony, I love your products and I really don't like making posts such as these but I do wish that I was more informed when I called in last month. IMHO the new V3 pipes look flawless and OP I'm sure you will love them overall just as much as I love my mine (aside from the gasket of course).

EDIT: I forgot to mention, I did talk with Tony yesterday over the phone and he is a great guy to deal with. I respect him and his business and his products are top notch. He was very friendly over the phone and quite insightful, but I would still prefer an alternate solution other than having to add more RTV and an older style gasket to temporarily remedy this leak.

Last edited by CorbinDallas; 06-12-2012 at 01:08 PM.
CorbinDallas is offline   Reply With Quote