View Single Post
Old 06-12-2012, 12:42 PM   #6 (permalink)
vividracing
The370Z.com Sponsor

Drives: 350Z,370Z,GTR
vividracing has a reputation beyond reputevividracing has a reputation beyond reputevividracing has a reputation beyond reputevividracing has a reputation beyond reputevividracing has a reputation beyond reputevividracing has a reputation beyond reputevividracing has a reputation beyond reputevividracing has a reputation beyond reputevividracing has a reputation beyond reputevividracing has a reputation beyond reputevividracing has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to vividracing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockcrawler View Post
figured I'd get some chit for the high miles, a lot of commuting, but the tires are fried, well into the indicators. another 1000 miles and i might show cord on the inner side. It's not that far off, so maybe i'll just leave it alone. I just bought another set of 3k takeoffs with rubber and sensors, so will burn through those, but fully expect the frts to last 2x the rears.

there has to be some correlation that one tick mark on the cam washers = x amount of degrees etc..... but it's not bad enough to spend the coin at a shop.
The problem is that because bushings wear at different rates, tires wear differently from side to side, springs settle differently, etc... It's very hard to be precise. You could get it "close enough," but then you've got to set the toe also. Any change in camber affects toe.

Firestone offers a "lifetime alignment" deal that gets you unlimited alignments for one payment. I think it comes out to about the price of 2 alignments. Great deal, actually.

Rocky @ Vivid ♦ 480.966.3040 x236 ♦ Rocky@vividracing.com
Email, PM, or call me directly for aggressive The370Z.com member pricing!!!
vividracing is offline   Reply With Quote