View Single Post
Old 06-12-2012, 12:21 PM   #15 (permalink)
vividracing
The370Z.com Sponsor

Drives: 350Z,370Z,GTR
vividracing has a reputation beyond reputevividracing has a reputation beyond reputevividracing has a reputation beyond reputevividracing has a reputation beyond reputevividracing has a reputation beyond reputevividracing has a reputation beyond reputevividracing has a reputation beyond reputevividracing has a reputation beyond reputevividracing has a reputation beyond reputevividracing has a reputation beyond reputevividracing has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to vividracing

Quote:
Originally Posted by cossie1600 View Post
There was one at the autox today, nothing special other than the fact that it is very low. Interior was like a $20K car at best.
Low? No way, unless he had coilovers. We've got an FR-S and it's far from low.

The interior is lacking, but for the price and the goal of the car you really can't complain. Unfortunately, dealers are piling on terrible "aftermarket parts" and "styling packages" and other BS so they can overcharge for them.

Here's why I LOVE the FR-S/BRZ:

1) It's RWD and it's relatively cheap. It's basically a hardtop Miata.
2) The primary goal from the engineers/designers was cheap, fun, and RWD. They compromised very little.
3) It handles great.
4) My favorite thing about this car is that it should light a fire under Nissan and Honda, maybe even Chevy and Ford, to bring similar cars to market. If this car sells well, the other guys are gonna want a piece of that pie. I can even see Mazda improving the Miata platform as a result. These are all great things. If Nissan brought back the 240SX, I'd be ecstatic.

Now, for things I don't like about this car...

OEM wheels and ride height make me sad. Our FR-S looks like a monster truck
ECU has some sort of trickery going on inside. Looks like some terrible cam timing or something... There's a huge power dip around 3500rpms. On top of that, the car isn't responding to bolt-ons very well. We partnered with Agency Power to develop an intake, exhaust, and some other bolt-ons. We made pretty good power with the exhaust or the intake, but together the result wasn't cumulative. It was like the ECU said "3+3=4". Also, the OEM clutch felt pretty lame. We partnered with Clutch Masters and they developed a new clutch for us, which is much better.

Rocky @ Vivid ♦ 480.966.3040 x236 ♦ Rocky@vividracing.com
Email, PM, or call me directly for aggressive The370Z.com member pricing!!!

Last edited by vividracing; 06-12-2012 at 12:29 PM.
vividracing is offline   Reply With Quote