View Single Post
Old 06-12-2012, 12:11 PM   #11 (permalink)
JARblue
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 11 Z34, 98 E36 M3
JARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonzo View Post
Don't know, but I'm also not one to name my cars after woman (I find naming cars a bit odd myself) or any other proper name for that matter. Cats, dogs, and boats get names. Fairlady sounds like a proper name to me, not a car name.

Now I digress.......but just so you understand why I really don't think I personally like it (but certainly not that anyone cares). I consider myself to be a fairly well rounded male, far from an overly macho male chauvinist; clear minded enough to understand the finer softer side of things. But nor am I homosexual (or against homosexuality; I have had plenty of gay friends over the years, and support gay marriage), but the terms "that's gay" or "oh how gay" etc do have a place within the world of descriptive phrases. I for one think calling a car Fairlady sounds totally gay. The heritage and homage may be totally warranted and very cool from that perspective, but it doesn't stop if from sounding gay, at least to me. That may be totally acceptable to some, and I'm good with that. You can call your car what ever you want.

lol and +1 for "that's gay" having it's place. A close friend of mine came out when we were younger and all of sudden he decided it was offensive when his brother and I got pissed at video games and used those phrases. So we started calling everything he did "so straight". I think that irked him even more, so he gave up on getting offended, and we were back to yelling homosexual epithets at 150cc Princess in Mario Kart on Super NES.

and of course, there is the quote when Nelson kisses Lisa Simpson. Dolf: You kissed a girl. Jimbo: That is sooo gay.

2011 370Z 6MT Sport Gun Metallic | ARC | CJM | Ecutek | FI | Fujimura | R2C | SPL | Stillen | TWM | Z1 | ZSpeed |

Last edited by JARblue; 06-12-2012 at 12:17 PM.