View Single Post
Old 06-12-2012, 07:00 AM   #10 (permalink)
shadoquad
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: .
shadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with a lot of the sentiment in this thread regarding distracted driving.

I'm pretty upset about the way the law is written in my home state. We have laws for reckless driving and endangerment, etc, etc. But they had to make explicit laws stating that holding a cell phone is a ticketable offense. The wording of the law attacked the symptom, not the cause. All this did was lead people to get bluetooth devices for their cars. That does not address the root of the problem, which is that people are more wrapped up in their conversations than they are in the activity of operating a motor vehicle. If we were serious about this sh1t, bluetooth phone service would be discontinued in cars.

And again, we already have reckless driving laws. Phone usage should have simply been placed under that umbrella, along with eating, putting on makeup, having dog on lap, etc.

People need to stop treating a commute as a boring task like washing dishes. It's a responsibility.

/rant
shadoquad is offline   Reply With Quote