View Single Post
Old 06-12-2012, 01:14 AM   #3 (permalink)
2ndChance
Base Member

Drives: like he stole it
2ndChance has a reputation beyond repute2ndChance has a reputation beyond repute2ndChance has a reputation beyond repute2ndChance has a reputation beyond repute2ndChance has a reputation beyond repute2ndChance has a reputation beyond repute2ndChance has a reputation beyond repute2ndChance has a reputation beyond repute2ndChance has a reputation beyond repute2ndChance has a reputation beyond repute2ndChance has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyZ4U2C View Post
Looks nice and compact...so would you say it still hits or gives you a all around sub sound? Or more of a slightly improved OEM type bass from the touring? I guess I'm going to have to find one to hear it to know for sure...
It does punch quite hard and I'd say the optimal working frequency is from 40-50hz up. Anything below that sound awkward coming from such a small speaker.

It is a higher frequency, clean, refined, tight bass compared to full size enclosure, you can still feel it, but it won't shake your rear view mirror.

I feel the sound very rich and complete now. for a direct comparison,

VS JL W3 10" 150watt in sealed box I had in the past, very similar, but doesn't reach as low.

VS Audassey SOMA iPhone dock: This is one of the very high end dock and features 2x 4" long throw woofers. The bass of the kenwood is both deeper and louder when setup is correct.

VS Touring: I haven't heard the system from the touring, but from what I've read, the bass from stock system is always very round and soft, never punchy. Maybe the kenwood sounds a bit more refined but not as warm.

It is very hard to make a direct comparison to a full size system, as the bass from the kenwood is almost mid-low, you have to hear it yourself, you will either like it or hate it, it depends on what you're looking for.

Here are more reviews for a better comparison:
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...SW10.html#tabs
http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAu..._KSC-SW10.aspx
It's funny how people eihter rate it 5 stars or 1 star

Last edited by 2ndChance; 06-12-2012 at 01:21 AM.
2ndChance is offline   Reply With Quote