View Single Post
Old 06-12-2012, 12:15 AM   #444 (permalink)
asdfsammich
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 09 370Z SR MT
asdfsammich is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjr1881 View Post
Why don't you find a wheel you like and see what offsets they offer in 5x114.3 before you ask us these questions?
With hundreds of posts in the thread, I'm sure it has all been here dozens of times already. Still, hopefully this repeated information is helpful to some new'ish folks like myself.

After absorbing all the fuzzy numbers in the thread, it looks like my subjective ideal is F19x10 +15 and R19x11 +5. I'm hoping it doesn't stick out too aggressively, but definitely not the sunken in look. Maybe it'll be the neutral flush look?

That said, I wanted to be able to convert that subjective ideal to other widths/offsets.

I can do the math, but ended up using this tool that automates the calculation.

I'd like to avoid spacers but realize they tweak the math so if I'm set on getting wheels that are out of my offset sweet zone, I can do that.

I also wanted a square look for the tires. This tool shows how square, fat, or stretched tires will look.

While I had already been looking at Advan, Forgestar, HRE and Volk, I figured that I'd get to know the geometries a little better before making a big investment.

Finally, some LOLS. At first cjr1881's response didn't make sense to me. But, I was researching something else, FI 18" CF CBE, and I ran across this gem. Ok, I get it, LOLS.
asdfsammich is offline   Reply With Quote