View Single Post
Old 06-11-2012, 08:06 PM   #14 (permalink)
Shamu
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370Z Racecar
Shamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't have chance to weigh the Stillen SC kit but honestly it doesn't add close to 50 lbs from what I see. Stillen manifold with built in intercooler replaces stock manifold. A single CAI replaces dual tube intake system, their injectors replace yours, their fuel pump replaces yours and sits in the back, so youre looking at limited amount of coolant for intercooler and the centrifical superchagers and it's aluminum bracket with lightweight pullies. My guess would be no more than 35 lbs net weight gain with Stillen kit. You can tell Stillen has racing background as they were very careful to not increase front end weight signifantly. However the steel bracket that holds the air filters is a boat anchor!

Net weight gain up front was a consdieration for me. I'm pretty sure I have lighter than stock frontend even with the Stillen kit as I deleted AC, went with 9 lb Braille battery, went with lightweight flywheel, removed windshield washer resevior,

Has anyone weighed individual parts of Stillen kit I'd be Intersted in that data.

Just weighed the stock plastic intake manifold. dang it's a lot heavier than it looks! It weighs nearly 10 lbs. Thats without the cover! i wish I had weighed the Stillen intake as I suspect it doesn't add much weight at all.

Last edited by Shamu; 06-13-2012 at 03:04 PM.
Shamu is offline   Reply With Quote