View Single Post
Old 06-11-2012, 06:32 PM   #671 (permalink)
JMac88
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2010 PW 370z
JMac88 will become famous soon enoughJMac88 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixlimited View Post
Yeah, I understand that. Learned that lesson way back in my S2000 days. I'm not interested in being a dyno queen so bragging numbers aren't my end. My primary concerns are (1) drivability; (2) performance; and (3) cost. I like the two different options for different reasons.

I have driven an SC Z and really liked the powerband. Since I like to do track days, the more controllable torque is appealing. Boost onset mid-corner = looking the wrong way down the track. Also, with a car that has traction trouble stock, I wonder about the viability of lots of torque with this platform. The SC kits also tend to be a bit less expensive and a bit less intrusive on the car in terms of installation (e.g. being able to keep crash beam).

But, I love turbo cars too. Love the sound, love the push in the seat, love the efficiency, etc. While I had kind of given up on other turbo kits out there for various reasons, yours piqued my interest because of the apparent ease of installation, cost and potential performance. With a single turbo, I have fewer parts that may fail, fewer fittings that may come loose, etc. Plus, from my Suby days, I love twin scroll design.

Anyway, the point is, my decision on what kit to go with ultimately is multifaceted. Not just power. I look forward to seeing your results.
I hope to be able to answer more of your important questions in 2 weeks, but In terms of intrusiveness Sasha did a great job. I couldn't believe how little he removed, not to mention all the spash shields were left intact. Yes, the crash bar was removed, but this intercooler will absorb as much if not more then the crash bar. The intercooler is nice and beefy