View Single Post
Old 06-11-2012, 02:14 PM   #669 (permalink)
Nixlimited
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 15 GT-R / 11 Prius
Nixlimited has a reputation beyond reputeNixlimited has a reputation beyond reputeNixlimited has a reputation beyond reputeNixlimited has a reputation beyond reputeNixlimited has a reputation beyond reputeNixlimited has a reputation beyond reputeNixlimited has a reputation beyond reputeNixlimited has a reputation beyond reputeNixlimited has a reputation beyond reputeNixlimited has a reputation beyond reputeNixlimited has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boosted Performance View Post
If you are going to compare a s/c to turbo power, the turbo will always be ahead. With a supercharger you will always have parasitic loses and produce less power compared to a turbo.

With a roots blower for example it takes 45hp to produce 10psi of boost. A centrifugal blower is more efficient but still not as good as a turbo(s).
Yeah, I understand that. Learned that lesson way back in my S2000 days. I'm not interested in being a dyno queen so bragging numbers aren't my end. My primary concerns are (1) drivability; (2) performance; and (3) cost. I like the two different options for different reasons.

I have driven an SC Z and really liked the powerband. Since I like to do track days, the more controllable torque is appealing. Boost onset mid-corner = looking the wrong way down the track. Also, with a car that has traction trouble stock, I wonder about the viability of lots of torque with this platform. The SC kits also tend to be a bit less expensive and a bit less intrusive on the car in terms of installation (e.g. being able to keep crash beam).

But, I love turbo cars too. Love the sound, love the push in the seat, love the efficiency, etc. While I had kind of given up on other turbo kits out there for various reasons, yours piqued my interest because of the apparent ease of installation, cost and potential performance. With a single turbo, I have fewer parts that may fail, fewer fittings that may come loose, etc. Plus, from my Suby days, I love twin scroll design.

Anyway, the point is, my decision on what kit to go with ultimately is multifaceted. Not just power. I look forward to seeing your results.