Thread: St louis
View Single Post
Old 06-10-2012, 10:13 PM   #1811 (permalink)
sfearl1
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2013 FBO E85 GTR
sfearl1 has a spectacular aura aboutsfearl1 has a spectacular aura aboutsfearl1 has a spectacular aura about

Jason, sorry to hear about your brothers friend. Very sad.

On a happier note, I had a great time today. Hope everyone had fun on the cruise (when we weren't behind any traffic). I know it's a little early to plan another one, but Central Illinois Z Enthusiast Club (CIZE) just got in touch and said they have a cruise planned for June 23rd. They invited everyone to join. Here are the details...

Quote:
Saturday, June 23*

Meet up with interested members at the Piasa bird just north of Alton on the River Road. Pull out at 11:00 a.m. bound for Grafton.*

Lunch at the Hawg Pit in Grafton around 11:30*

After pigging out on BBQ, climb back into the Z's and head west to the Brussells Ferry. Cross the Illinois on said ferry, then head for Hardin and Kampsville on county highway 1, then take 96 and 54 into Louisiana, MO.*

From Louisiana we'll head north on highway 79, which runs right along the bluff side of the Mississippi and is one of the prettiest drives around. Good road, great views. There's a nice scenic overlook or two where we can pull off and get some dynamite pictures. Perfect for a herd of Z's.*

Arrive in Hannibal whenever we get there (should be sometime later afternoon). Stop at Sawyers Creekhttp://www.sawyerscreek.com/*for sandwiches and whatever we want to do, including b.s.'n about our cars.*

Then head for home, however we want to go. Springfield folks can head back on I-72, St. Louis area people can go back down 79 or 61, and us Metro East Illinois folks will most likely backtrack down the Illinois side.*

Should be a wonderful run.