View Single Post
Old 06-10-2012, 04:59 PM   #8 (permalink)
Jordo!
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2023 NATM
Jordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nut_N_Much View Post
Absolutely right.. What took the most time was the warming and cooling cycle. They had fans blowing up on to the tranny until it reach temp, the fluids viscosity changes with the temp.

I changed it because its at 49,000 miles and I drive the shizznick out of this car every single day. I am glade I changed it, the mech showed me the fluid. It was black and had a burnt smell to it. Buying a used car and not knowing what the fool did before me I feel good about changing it, will do it again at 80,000. If the car makes it that far..

The hole process took me and the dealer by surprise!

There are a few good right ups on Manual Trans Changes but not much I could find on Auto Trans. I'll get some facts together and try to post some DYI for it.

I have noticed smoother shifts,
Ohhhhh... yeah, if you bought it used, certainly not a bad idea.

And if the fluid looked burnt -- definitely a GOOD idea.

Did you just have Nissan use their ATF or did you use something different?