View Single Post
Old 08-29-2009, 04:14 PM   #8 (permalink)
jookiyaya
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2010 40th Z!?!?
jookiyaya is on a distinguished road
Default installed illuminated kick plates finally!

took me about 3 and a half hours. just being extremely careful.
i felt so bad for getting these kick plates for free because on the "how much did you pay for your z i had reduced the salesman to shambles..." forum ... well long story.. anyways i installed them.
looks great! awesome thread!!!

the hardest part was removing the connector from the passenger side, and then trying to pull the carpet back without tearing the glue sticking to the styrofoam padding. couldnt tape the wires but wedged them very securely and still routed them to the driver's side. ^_^

i was contemplating the frosty white Z led but the thin aluminum i had to take apart was too much for me; didnt want to take the risk. once i had that done... FLAWLESS!

the orange isnt bad... i just reized the pics and cut side by side.

as for the old kickplates i noticed the Z is very similar to the same Z logo on the back, its a tiny bit bigger, but would be great with the fairlady logo if those are looking to mod that....it can be taken off easily and even used as an alternate Z logo for the hamburger logo perhaps? still thinking on what it can apply to but if anyone wants to buy the standard kickplates let me know =)

my old kickplates on my baby ^_^

Last edited by jookiyaya; 08-29-2009 at 04:19 PM. Reason: update
jookiyaya is offline   Reply With Quote