View Single Post
Old 08-29-2009, 03:34 PM   #66 (permalink)
jginnane
Base Member

Drives: 09Z Pearl 7AT, 09 TL
jginnane is on a distinguished road

This incident is part of a reason why we didn't go for the sport package.

A few weeks ago, I was woken up by a loud crash. It sounded like 10 people had thrown metal trash cans in the air and they all hit, simultaneously.

What happened was someone stole a taxicab (keys in it, engine running) at a convenience store and made it as far as my block. Then he drove up over the curb across the street, across several lawns, and when he got to my neighbor's little Hyundai parked in the driveway, he pushed it out the way with the taxi. He left the taxi with the engine running a couple hundred feet down the street ... impaled in the back a 5-series BMW.

My Z was safely in my driveway. The 98 Yukon I was trading under the clunker program was out on the street -- but he didn't hit that. (If he had, I would have laughed.) But that poor little Hyundai, sitting peacefully in my neighbor's driveway, got all twisted up.

I expect something, don't know what, to happen in the life of my Z. I'd rather not have to replace those 19" sport rims or rubber ... they're cheap on an OEM buy, but very price if you have to replace pairs. The 18" "base" rims are good enough for me, and I've got a better chance of buying someone's pulls at a good price.
jginnane is offline   Reply With Quote