View Single Post
Old 06-10-2012, 12:29 AM   #654 (permalink)
b1adesofcha0s
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: HypeTrain Choo Choo!
b1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondnissan View Post
my car is a touring non sport.

Blades - I run on the stock 18 inch wheels with stock yokohama tires. As for launching I just sidestep the brake and floor it quickly but smooth. I've tried bringing up the revs on the foot brake and then launching, but it doesn't seem to help my sixties. Then again I haven't tried pulling the brake fuse yet. I've got exhaust on order and I just bought a pair of drag radials for the track. I wind the tach all the way to redline every gear. It's hard to time the shift perfectly before the rev limiter. I can't stand the soft rev limiter in this car. Hard to tell you hit it until it's too late. If I hit the limiter then shift i get a thud and slower et's.

One quick - I'm not on chicagoz, never heard of it until now..haha. Havent been to any meets either, I'm out your way near Joliet. I've only had the car for a year now.
Cool. Yeah I forgot that my camber is like .3-.4 degrees out more after I got my car lowered. Even so, I've gotten my 60' times down to 2.0x which is about 0.03 s away from my best.

I also haven't tried pulling the brake fuse and I probably never willl. I usually put my foot on the brake and rev up to around 1500-2000 rpm and simultaneously let go of the brake and floor it. I think I tried just holding the brake and not revving up once before, but it didn't help much. I'll have to try it again the next time I go.

I think tires are the main thing holding my times back. These all seasons just don't grip as good as a summer tire, but I'm still determined to get into the 12's with them. Just need to wait for a night with some low temps.
b1adesofcha0s is offline   Reply With Quote