Thread: 2013 On Order
View Single Post
Old 06-09-2012, 02:15 PM   #34 (permalink)
Magic Bus
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 17 6MT M2
Magic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebe945 View Post
Id say you still are too young.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLSTR View Post
Nice rides. I have a 2010 Z/Sport 7AT with this nice 2012 GTI manual - Nice combo Welcome and you will love the Z!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLSTR View Post
Why not Im 49 and that will be my order. I have metallic black now. Get what you want. Drive what you like, the public be danged!
Thanks for the kind words guys!

Happened to be next door to a different Nissan dealer this past Tues, so I stopped in to look at a GTR they had in the showroom there. Their commercial & fleet sales manager comes up to me and we start chatting.

Not your typical car salesperson, very personable and more interested in hearing what I have to say than him listening to himself speak. Come to find out, we have a couple of mutual friends. Anyway, I inform him that I already have a 370Z on order from another dealership and he asks for the specifics, model, color, options, etc.

He then asks if he can beat their price would I have an objection buying the Z from his dealership. I reply, other than them holding my $2k as a security deposit, I wouldn't have an objection. He then asks for their price. I give him the details.

We go into his office, he gets on his computer, then informs me, he doesn't show the 2013 pricing yet, but based on the 2012 price he should be able to beat my other quote by about $200 taking into account a price increase for the 2013. So he says, this is what I'll do. I'm going to order your 2013Z, you don't have to put anything down and am under no obligation. Because if you don't buy this Z I know someone else will buy this particular set up very quickly.

He calls me yesterday and says the car has been ordered. Will call me when he receives shipping update.

Fantastic, I have 2 cars on order and should be able to get a better price now. Only 1 bummer......my car won't be one of a kind! LOL
Magic Bus is offline   Reply With Quote