View Single Post
Old 08-29-2009, 12:23 PM   #1 (permalink)
huoZian
Base Member

Drives: 6MT Base+sports
huoZian is on a distinguished road
Default What I speculate on the 370z, after driving a 350z convertible

I am hopefully going to get a PG 6MT 370z in the next couple of weeks, but have never driven a 2 seater before, and haven't had time to go in for a test drive. My last car was a civic ex coupe MT. A week ago i got a rental upgrade to a 350z convertible AT, and for the benefit of others in a similar situation here are some observations. (and if current owners can chime in all the better)

* Trunk space for a convertible is ridiculous: I know the trunk space for the coupe is vastly improved. but it's unacceptable that you can't fit two carry-on bags in there easily. I don't expect the new roadster to be much better.
* Blind spot: I think the blind spot was bad, but not terrible. once again prolly because of the roof. If the coupe were slightly better I don't think it'd be an issue. It felt like around one sedan's "length" between the rear and side mirrors.
* Driver-centric: It makes no pretense that your car and yours alone. Legroom is awesome, and the steering is highly responsive. Not under or over steer as I drove thru moderately hilly Griffith Park in LA.
* Tiptronic: was bleh. Even on the forced manual mode, not "feeling" the transmission on the clutch makes the experience makes it a little detached.
* Noise: was not bad at all. The engine is a subdued hum, but can dish it out. Road noise was moderate. I think it was an "ehthusiast" model

-Kevin
huoZian is offline   Reply With Quote