View Single Post
Old 06-08-2012, 10:49 PM   #7 (permalink)
bdavis89
Track Member

Drives: '10 370Z PW Auto
bdavis89 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsevast View Post
No need to buy replacement bulbs. A light coat of chrome paint to the original amber bulb will do the trick. The light will still be as bright when it blinks as it normally was, and no more egg yolk.
Just some regular chrome paint? Any brand/type recommendations? I live in FL if the heat/sun could affect it..I certainly would love to spend $8 bucks to get chrome bulbs as opposed to $30 to replace the front and rear..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romulus1 View Post
Davis - those bulbs I posted will illuminate red but im not 100% on the size, youd have to double check that. I have the amber versions front and rear cuz I don't mind amber bulbs, I just hate amber lenses. When they aren't illuminated the lense is clear and the "bulb" so to speak is white in color so you don't notice it. When they illuminate theyre bright and are what ever color LED youve chosen, red in this case and amber in my case. If you'd like I can try and capture a shot of my blinker on later so you can see what it'll look like.

Also LEDs blink fast, it's not something that bothers me but it bothers some people.
Yeah, I don't mind the amber bulbs either, its just the look of the bulb as opposed to the LED format/look that our brake lights have. Even those LED bulbs with all those LEDs will still blink fast? I've considered resistors but if LEDs won't change the look compared to a bulb I'm not sure I want to go that route.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIGItonium View Post
Let me know if you want to make your own stupid bright signal bulbs. I haven't tried red, but my amber bulbs are stupid bright. Well, it looks great during the day. Painted silver to keep it looking clear.

Version 1.0 (Triple Luxeon Rebel Amber @ 600mA)

Version 2.0 (Triple Luxeon Rebel PC Amber @ 700mA)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMgK1OzQeT8
This looks crazy. You painted the LEDs chrome?

Has anyone tried a dark chrome/gray paint to see if the bulb reflection will give the turn signal/reverse lights a smoked look?