View Single Post
Old 08-29-2009, 11:25 AM   #6 (permalink)
BanningZ
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 06' Nismo Frontier
BanningZ has a brilliant futureBanningZ has a brilliant futureBanningZ has a brilliant futureBanningZ has a brilliant futureBanningZ has a brilliant futureBanningZ has a brilliant futureBanningZ has a brilliant futureBanningZ has a brilliant futureBanningZ has a brilliant futureBanningZ has a brilliant futureBanningZ has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by carguyg35 View Post
My tv is 1080p but it doesn't have the 120 or even 240hz like the new ones have. Plus the PS3 is connected via HDMI but the cable box is connected via a component cable. But I thought there wasn’t much of a difference between the two. Anyway being an average guy I am always checking out electronics and when I am looking around at best buy at the new LCDs with 120hz they don’t really seem much better. When sports is on I still see the pixilated look around the fast moving objects. I am thinking the compression that the cable company uses is mostly to blame here. So "division" you are saying verizon fios has better picture quality? You saw a reduction in the pixilation?
Bingo

Frame rate is huge with high speed action like watching a football game. This with also make a difference with picture saturation with the black being BLACK as opposed to shadowy or Grey.

Edit: Funny coincidence, the Dish Network guy was here this morning and we got new HD receivers with larger Hard
Drives and new remotes. Just so happens we got into a conversation regarding frame rate and the new 240hz Sony Bravias.

MB 06' Nismo VQ40DE

Last edited by BanningZ; 08-29-2009 at 11:31 AM.
BanningZ is offline   Reply With Quote