View Single Post
Old 06-08-2012, 09:06 AM   #646 (permalink)
gaveup
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 10 Nissan 370Z MB M6
gaveup has a reputation beyond reputegaveup has a reputation beyond reputegaveup has a reputation beyond reputegaveup has a reputation beyond reputegaveup has a reputation beyond reputegaveup has a reputation beyond reputegaveup has a reputation beyond reputegaveup has a reputation beyond reputegaveup has a reputation beyond reputegaveup has a reputation beyond reputegaveup has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by andre12031948 View Post
1) If you're shifting into 5th before the finish line, you are losing at least a 1/10th! Never go into 5th!
2) Find out if shifts are quicker when driver shifts or when the car does the shifting(your shop/auto trans people). Use the quicker shifting method!
3) Factory nissan power peek is at 7,000 rpm. Car should shift/be shifted 300 to 500 rpm ABOVE H.P. peek. Example 7300 to 7500 rpm. The reason for that is that after every shift, the rpm drops. You DON'T want it to drop too low! Keeping the peek h.p. in the middle produces best results! As a bonus, it also keeps the car from going into 5th.
4) I don't know all your mods, but if you have after market exhaust plus other mods, your H.P. peek is no longer at 7000 rpm. It could be 7300 to 7500 rpm range. Now you or your shop should correct/change the shifting into the 7500 to 7800 rpm range.
It is pretty good advice for most people that arent aware of how their powerband works. I've yet to take my car to the track since my tune, but I can tell you this, at 7600-7700 it was still making power on the dyno. So I will be shifting around 8k, at least for one run
gaveup is offline   Reply With Quote