Thread: Demon bolts
View Single Post
Old 06-08-2012, 01:17 AM   #8 (permalink)
370Z Purist
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '09 370Z-T BS M6
370Z Purist is a name known to all370Z Purist is a name known to all370Z Purist is a name known to all370Z Purist is a name known to all370Z Purist is a name known to all370Z Purist is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by vjarnot View Post
Judging by my advanced sense of smell with regard to hydrocarbons, Liquid Wrench is just Kroil repackaged... and Kroil penetrates better than Ron Jeremy ever did, so I'm not surprised it fared well.

Nice find on the ATF mix. Although I don't know why they chose acetone to thin it, that stuff evaporates too damn quick... mineral spirits (paint thinner) would've been a more practical choice IMHO.

I'm sure you'd know just how well Ron Jeremy penetrates!

Well, the faster it evaporates, the faster you can start turning on the bolt. I guess you would have to be pretty generous and try to use a piston oiler or similar to try to get a direct stream onto the bolt. This is, of course, given you don't splash any on yourself. I once saw a demonstration of a styrofoam head being placed into acetone.

"Since one of my brake light bulbs just went out, the forum told me that my piston rings are about to blow."
370Z Purist is offline   Reply With Quote