Thread: 370z LS Swap
View Single Post
Old 06-08-2012, 12:53 AM   #108 (permalink)
jpritche
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '15 RR, '14 IS250
jpritche has a reputation beyond reputejpritche has a reputation beyond reputejpritche has a reputation beyond reputejpritche has a reputation beyond reputejpritche has a reputation beyond reputejpritche has a reputation beyond reputejpritche has a reputation beyond reputejpritche has a reputation beyond reputejpritche has a reputation beyond reputejpritche has a reputation beyond reputejpritche has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyBobo View Post
...I don't know why someone would pull out the aluminum 5.7 LS1 to replace it with an iron/aluminum 6.0 LQ9 and only make 400 to the wheels? I cam-swapped my LS1 with a baby 224/224 cam and an intake manifold WAY too big for it (FAST 90), and made just shy of 400 to the wheels...

Hopefully it's more than just a LITTLE over 400 to the wheels lol. Considering the motor, he should either be spraying, or boosting the living crap out of it. That, or step his game up with the cam :-p

Judging by his time, he's running a mid-high 11-second quarter. Not particularly amazing.
I think the ls1 was blown to hell and they had an lq9 laying around(not 100% sure.) I agree 100% that it doesn't make sense to swap out a heavier motor for realistically the same HP, but I guess given the circumstances of his situation it was something unique and different that he could do.

Oh and yeah, he is spraying.

The town I am from is VERY small and even though this build seems "normal" and not particularly fast, here its "amazing" and "holy **** fast" hahah. It is all relative though. For example, my 370z is considered an "exotic" to most people here haha. Don't get me wrong the Z is a great car, but by NO means ANYWHERE near an exotic
jpritche is offline   Reply With Quote