View Single Post
Old 08-29-2009, 12:49 AM   #63 (permalink)
ougirlkel
Base Member

Drives: 370Z Touring/Sport
ougirlkel is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbelt View Post
I purchased my Solid Red 370Z in July 2009. A couple of weeks after that while it was sitting out in the hot North Carolina sun I noticed little paint bubbles on the hood and front fender. They looked like droplets of water but they were firm to the touch. I really stressed out about it but while I was trying to take a picture of them to send to my salesman I went to clean some bug splatter off the car with a damp cloth and when I ran the cloth over the bubbles they rubbed off and there was no trace of them ever having been there. The bubbles still appear, only smaller, and only appear in the hot sun. I am meticulous about detailing my 370Z at least once a week so it's not tree sap or something of that nature. My latest theory is that either the clear coat is oozing something because there is no red on the cloth or maybe the "First Place Finish" car wax the dealer had on it when I bought it is bubbling up in the hot sun. Has anyone else with the bubble problem tried wiping them off with a damp cloth?
That's different...I have not experienced the bubbles like you describe...However, that would require that I actually have the car to begin with...I haven't had it for over a month now.
ougirlkel is offline   Reply With Quote