View Single Post
Old 06-07-2012, 12:16 PM   #6 (permalink)
UNKNOWN_370
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: well over 130m.p.h.
UNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyguns View Post
This is just a little advice to all our wonderful sponsor/dealers that sell their goods here. Sometimes what may seem obvious to you the designers of some of the coolest aftermarket parts available on the market, is just not that obvious to the purchaser!
If you take the time to make these things then why can't you take the time to write up and include directions, all this drama could be avoided. Now just again I read another thread were the OP was killing said part for fitment issues, when after all the bashing, the dealer comes in and explains that the OP was not installing it properly, after which he explained how it should be done and problem solved, all that wasted time and drama. What he explained was not that obvious but made perfect sence and said part looked perfect.
Now I say this from experience, I've purchased many items for my car and have installed them myself, that includes the Type III wing and just the other day a Spec ME lip. I won't go into the specifics of just those two items, but after writing up my install for the ME lip, the seller/designer comes on to give me props for the write up, which I thank him for, but if you have the chance to read it there is no chance in the world a customer should have to know this beforehand or would know this. I'm a risk taker so I'm prepared to do what is necessary to install my part (remember the "original nismo intake install"). I mean come on, there was nine holes in the deck of the hatch after removing the sport spoiler and not one was even used for what would have been a great matching point for a TEMPLATE to drill the new holes!
So this is not about just one item, but for some reason it's the norm around here to not be supplied with instructions our even post the install procedure. Knowing not to use tape was a choice of mine and it turns out you shouldn't use tape for this install , or having to remove the bumper to achieve the best fitment are things that should be told up front at point of purchase and not after giving props to the purchaser that took the time to do your said job.
Now please notice how I'm choosing my words, I'm not trying to offend anyone, I'm also a business owner and know firsthand how hard it is to stay in business, so please do not take offence to this, please just use it as advice and avoid the DRAMA.
Kindest regards,
Thomas Pomatico
You make valid points... repped.
UNKNOWN_370 is offline   Reply With Quote