View Single Post
Old 06-06-2012, 10:52 PM   #14 (permalink)
Jordo!
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2023 NATM
Jordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond repute

Terrible fitment would involve it not clearing the butt-plug or exhaust cutouts. Not lining up at all. I've seen aftermarket parts designed for a specific car that absolutely require body work to even come close to fitting on that car.

It's only "terrible" in that it doesn't wrap perfectly flush against the underside of the vehicle when held in place with his hand.

Some of the "terrible" fitment may be mitigated with some clever mounting if there is some flex to the piece (there may or may not be). If not, only someone crawling under the car is going to even notice.

It's not OEM. It's an aftermarket piece. They rarely match OEM in quality or precision. If the Fujita piece fits perfectly -- awesome. Probably costs a good bit more too.

That said, EVO-R is probably better off trying to make his customer happy and working something out for an exchange or return.

But the fitment isn't "terrible". It's just not perfect.

EDIT: Fair enough -- I'm just going on what I see in the photos. If it can't be made to fit to your satisfaction, sounds like EVO-R owes you a refund. Hopefully he'll work something out if you exchange for another part. Good luck!