View Single Post
Old 06-06-2012, 09:12 PM   #1 (permalink)
2ndChance
Base Member

Drives: like he stole it
2ndChance has a reputation beyond repute2ndChance has a reputation beyond repute2ndChance has a reputation beyond repute2ndChance has a reputation beyond repute2ndChance has a reputation beyond repute2ndChance has a reputation beyond repute2ndChance has a reputation beyond repute2ndChance has a reputation beyond repute2ndChance has a reputation beyond repute2ndChance has a reputation beyond repute2ndChance has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs down Evo-R rear diffuser fitment issues (PICS INSIDE)

11/6: Evo-R and I came to an agreement that he would partially refund me for the poor fitting part. Because of shipping difficulties, and also because the diffuser is almost permanently attached to my rear bumper, I couldn't return it. They also said to test fit all parts before shipping from now on. Lets hope so. After all they were responsible and solved the issue with very little hesitation.

8/6 UPDATE

What I though it'd be impossible to achieve, it's done.... but by forcing the diffuser to stay in place with heavy fastening (pop rivets and 3m polyurethane silicone, instead of screws and double sided tape). As of now it is held under a lot of stress, only time will tell if it cracks with the minimal bump or even sunlight exposition.

I want to clarify:
1. I received a poor fitting piece along with many other members of this forum. Maybe a problem with the fabrication process.

2. If I wanted to install this the right way, it would have cost me a lot more (dissent in 3 pieces, re-fiber, etc).

3. Although it looks "OK" now, I'm not happy with the looks of it. The edge of the diffuser should tuck into the crease, not placed awkwardly over it.

May look fine for some...

Left and right side. Notice it is not wide enough to reach and tuck into the crease. It just stays over the edge.

The middle does fit fine.

Heavy fastening been used... included screw won't do the job.

ORIGINAL POST

After a very anxious wait of 1 month +.. My evo-R diffuser finally arrived... but just not as expected.

Let's go step by step shall we?

The problem?: It doesn't fit.
Why?: It is not wide enough to cover all the rear valance.
What should I do?: Contact Evo-R you might say (which I already did before posting this)
But?: The difusser has been shipped to my country Panama, costing me more than $100 and it is even more costly and a PITA to ship anything back from here.
So?: I post pictures here for solutions or a possible agreement with EVO-R to see if they will cover the fees needed to make it fit like it appear on the pictures.

I used long exposure to show you the details.

And here is how it supossed to be:

Sureeee.....

Utterly dissapointed.

Last edited by 2ndChance; 06-12-2012 at 08:10 PM.