View Single Post
Old 06-06-2012, 01:46 AM   #354 (permalink)
Nismo89
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: daily Zen and woosah
Nismo89 has a reputation beyond reputeNismo89 has a reputation beyond reputeNismo89 has a reputation beyond reputeNismo89 has a reputation beyond reputeNismo89 has a reputation beyond reputeNismo89 has a reputation beyond reputeNismo89 has a reputation beyond reputeNismo89 has a reputation beyond reputeNismo89 has a reputation beyond reputeNismo89 has a reputation beyond reputeNismo89 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo11 View Post
I say get stick for your sports car - someday when you settle down and have a 4 door you can have your automatic! You are talking a flashy sports car here, so in my opinion it *HAS* to be stick!
a sports car is a sports car regardless....... there are quite a few high performance cars that carry the paddle shifters ( GTR, Lambo's exc) and i do believe the GTR did set the Track record in Germany and beat Porche and their Manuel.

if i really want a stick shift that bad, i call my girl up, let her grind the gears.

Manuel Owners Love Manuels, Auto Owners like Auto's

personal preference is personal preference

i had the same convo with a guy at the local gas station

" oh come on! you cant disrespect a sports car like that with an auto!"

" there's no disrespect here, lets see... 7 speed Transmission, with option of using the paddles or the Shift knob if you choose, top speed is the exact same, Accerlerates the same maybe a second faster/slower give or take. Umm you mod it like you would a Manuel minus a few nit picks here and there, the Auto has a Shift time thats faster than the manuel.... oh did i say it has the exact same top speed? just because its a automatic WITH paddle shifters , doesnt mean it cant put you in your seat and make you feel like your floating, ive had quite a few ppl get in my car, get thrown in the back of their seats because they thought the same thing "its a auto, not that fast".... then afterwards? " holy F*ck! i had no idea!"

the guy just stood there like "Uh uh... well Manuel........................"

People have their favorites. enjoy the car numb nuts, not the transmission

You dont admire a car for the Transmission. .... when your a Z meet or whatever, you dont "Search " every cars transmissions for manuel vs auto. no . your there to do one thing. Love the Z as a Car. and like i said before... not the transmission.

Last edited by Nismo89; 06-06-2012 at 01:57 AM.
Nismo89 is offline   Reply With Quote