View Single Post
Old 06-05-2012, 03:50 PM   #7 (permalink)
theDreamer
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370z
theDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spikuh View Post
I agree with the Kinect reference. My first thought was, "This is Kinect on steroids."

I'm not so certain that keyboard replacement would take on the form of having an iPad built into the desk. On one hand, it would seem rather limited because you could only type from certain spots and on the other, if you made the entire surface like an iPad, that would probably be incredibly costly and not really worth the expense. Part of me suspects that it may go down the path of having the monitor (or some other 3rd party product) project a keyboard onto the desk surface and pick up your finger inputs that way.

Could be wrong though. I would love to have my entire desk surface act like a usuable desktop and then still be able to throw items up on the monitor if I wanted to mess with it there.

This would be cool so long as it can be turned 100% off imo.
Sorry that is what I meant, you have a digital projection onto a desk or an iPad device which is mobile but then links to your PC and functions like a keyboard or wacom tablet or a trackpad (not built into desk). The idea of future computers is customizable, the ability to link devices together to create a full feature machine. Take a look at what Microsoft is developing: Microsoft SmartGlass hands-on -- Engadget Instead of the idea you need their hardware AND software, you link in any tablet with an app and you now have more accessibility. Now this is with the Xbox 360 currently, but we have seen a clear indication from Microsoft they want to unify their line up (Xbox, Desktop, Mobile, etc).
I have used a few apps that do this already with my iPad but they are very limited, laggy or provide only a single function.
theDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote