View Single Post
Old 06-05-2012, 01:13 PM   #44 (permalink)
Mike@GTM
Not an active Vendor. DO NOT BUY

Drives: '13 Hot Lava FR-S
Mike@GTM is a splendid one to beholdMike@GTM is a splendid one to beholdMike@GTM is a splendid one to beholdMike@GTM is a splendid one to beholdMike@GTM is a splendid one to beholdMike@GTM is a splendid one to beholdMike@GTM is a splendid one to beholdMike@GTM is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by corbin09 View Post
4 days and still no clue what happened? WE WANT DETAILS! I am still refusing to believe this happened just by driving an untuned car with bolt ons.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAM@GTM View Post
The car was never tuned. Customer just had straight bolt on and that is it .

Sam
We've given you all the details.

I will say that there was no evidence of detonation: the valves weren't burnt, the pistons weren't melted or pitted. Granted, only the owner of the car knows what happened and we aren't necessarily privy to that information in the first place. Also, you need to remember that not every car owner really knows what is going on under the hood or what they did to cause a catastrophy. I've seen many a "deer in the headlights" looks from people with broken stuff. They just don't know and simply aren't able to understand that by doing X, Y can happen. By them not knowing, they have no way of communicating relevant information. I can't tell you how many times I've heard "I was just driving along normally, and suddenly it just blew up". They usually forget that the night before when they were ripping on it with reckless abandon something subtle happened that they didn't notice and the next day the nature of the true damage reared its ugly head when they were casually taking off from a stoplight and they're like "OMGWTFBBQ just happened!?!?...I didn't even do anything!!!".

Ultimately, there is always a level of uncertainty when modifying cars. The bottom line with this particular failure is that we've given you guys all the facts and you must draw your own conclusions as to the cause...not that you'd listen to us anyway as evidenced by some people's posts.

Also, there was no Nitrous Oxide involved or signs that it was ever installed. If there had been, don't you think we would have mentioned it?