View Single Post
Old 06-05-2012, 09:15 AM   #214 (permalink)
b1adesofcha0s
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: HypeTrain Choo Choo!
b1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyBobo View Post
Painted, installed. Bleeding is proving interesting - it's taking far more bleeding than I expected (read: compared to the sport package) to get a good pedal feel. First time we did it, it was downright scary to drive, but it was 1 AM so he took it home and brought it back last night. After last night, at least when he presses the 1st time, he can lock up the tires, but there's a LOT of pedal travel.

So, he's going to have to come back and re-bleed again, likely Thursday to finish it off.

I need to do a little research on the non-sports and see if there's anything peculiar you need to do with them vs. the Sport package brakes, because those were amazingly easy to bleed compared to his so far...
Exactly. After the first night, I would have to pump the brakes 3-4 times to get the car to slow down which is very scary. At least I knew about it so I drove slower, braked early, and tried to use engine braking as much as I could.

Got much better after last night and I can safely drive my car around. I noticed that if I push the pedal down normally, it goes like a little past halfway to the floor before it does anything and you have to get like 3/4 of the way down to get any real stopping. If I push the pedal down quickly, I can get some slowing down at around halfway to the floor.

Good news is that whenever I did reach the point were the brakes started working, they stopped the car much better than before. Hopefully we will get it completely fixed on Thursday night so I will let you know how the new brake setup is after that.
b1adesofcha0s is offline   Reply With Quote