View Single Post
Old 06-05-2012, 04:12 AM   #14 (permalink)
XwChriswX
WFLYIDNNE

Drives: 02 GDB WRX
XwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheee! View Post
If PSS are out of your range, get the Hankook Ventus V12's
Not even close to comparing them in terms of Performance. In terms of treadwear and quietness we can talk. But the V12 doesn't have nearly the cornering ability of the PSS' or RE-11's. If he's looking for an economical tire with marginal performance ability at best, then sure the V12's are okay. But if he ever wants to go on a spirited drive or ever do cornering and have fun letting the rear end get controllably loose, then the PSS' are the sure thing. If they are out of his range, he could look at the RE-11 which is slightly less costly.

Another tire to note with lower cost than the PSS' but better performance than the V12's would be the Conti DW. Good on/off track performance close to that of the PSS'. The one thing Michelin does have on their side is weight savings. Surprisingly their 295/19 tire is really light.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmg90300zx View Post
Hmmm.. Can't seem to find the PSS in 285 35 19... Did you buy them in a different size in the rear? Stock size?
For the PSS I had to get a 295/30/19 because at the time they did not have a 285. That was in the summer of 2011. Hopefully by now they have updated their inventory. But I love the look of the 295's in the back.

Bonnie - Stage 2, Audio build coming this fall!
R.I.P. Abby 3/29/10 - 3/30/14
XwChriswX is offline   Reply With Quote