View Single Post
Old 06-04-2012, 07:32 PM   #361 (permalink)
LMBmikeZ
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 40th
LMBmikeZ has a reputation beyond reputeLMBmikeZ has a reputation beyond reputeLMBmikeZ has a reputation beyond reputeLMBmikeZ has a reputation beyond reputeLMBmikeZ has a reputation beyond reputeLMBmikeZ has a reputation beyond reputeLMBmikeZ has a reputation beyond reputeLMBmikeZ has a reputation beyond reputeLMBmikeZ has a reputation beyond reputeLMBmikeZ has a reputation beyond reputeLMBmikeZ has a reputation beyond repute

Forgot to post last week I have been super busy past couple weeks.

Any way, I got my harness (one of the original beta harnesses) last week and installed it that day. I notice no delay like others have stated in other "for real" threads. Thanks again for the harness Brian!

I was hold off to comment but figured WTF I will now. IMO the reason people are experiencing a delay when starting the car with a pulled fuse is because the computer has to go through extra steps to ensure the car is safe to start. Those wires I commented on in an earlier post have a purpose. Without these the computer will then have to run more tests (this all happens within micro seconds) to ensure the car is in a safe state with no faults before proceeding. The CPU runs in a car runs the same as a CPU for a PLC program (I use at work all the time, I am an electrician) CPU's run off of ladder logic and buy disconnecting this wires and creating more work for the cpu only means it has to run through more rungs in the ladder system. So in turn this means it will feel like the car is taking longer before it turns over and starts.