View Single Post
Old 08-28-2009, 08:05 PM   #10 (permalink)
FricFrac
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370Z 300ZX 280ZX 240
FricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to FricFrac

Quote:
Originally Posted by kannibul View Post
Maybe the person doesn't have the car yet..
Perfect time to familiarize yourself with the manual. Lots of time to read through before you get the car.

Quote:
Maybe the person doesn't have the manual in front of them.
You are joking right?

Quote:
Maybe there're on a cell phone and don't want to eat up the bandwidth to download the manual and hope it opens.
...and they need that info right away because they just bought the car and are going to be putting 3700 miles on it before they get to a computer....

Quote:
Maybe it really is quicker to just ask, since a number of people on here seem to know somewhat what the manual says without looking.
You mean like driving your car for 2000 miles before checking your oil??

Quote:
This forum is hardly the easiest-going. I've been through and frequent a lot more aggressive ones, but I can tell you, not many forums will survive members who are this aggressive over "look it up in the manaul" or "do a search" - rather than just answer the question and make the "newb" happy.
Seriously the first reply was very friendly and helpful. The third response was a very kind and gentle reminder to use the search function. Its entirely possible that the OP has never used the forum and didn't know to search so its a completely valid point to make about using the search function especially when its done as politely as it was. I don't know what forums you're on but any sites that have half the traffic that the370Z does would rip you a new one for asking the question but that simply didn't happen here.

I'm not trying to rag on you but its disrepectful to the forum members (who for the most part help out when they can) for you to put them and the forum down.

Last edited by FricFrac; 08-28-2009 at 08:19 PM.
FricFrac is offline   Reply With Quote