View Single Post
Old 06-03-2012, 05:35 PM   #1 (permalink)
Snide697
Base Member

Drives: 2015 NISMO Tech
Snide697 is on a distinguished road
Default Be on the lookout for this "unicorn"

Roadster Touring with Sport Package 7AT
Pearl White
Gray Leather interior
Navigation

The Backstory:

My wife is having a momentous birthday on the 20th, so i wanted to make it special. Since her first car was a 68 Firebird 400 HO, I had been looking into the auctions to try to get one that was restored that would be dependable... I knew there was no way to get a daily driver in a classic car like that .. so on to Option B ... Something shiny and new ..

She had been mentioning over the last year or so that she wanted a roadster, so I began window shopping... I hinted at several cars that "would be cool to have" without giving away the fact that I was planning on surprising her with one on her birthday... the Z was not received well by her .. hmmm, the mystique of owning a Z was obviously an unknown concept to her ..

After her insistence on owning a convertible, I began the painful process of nailing down all of her likes and dislikes ... It came down to this

White exterior
2-seater
Convertible
Gray leather interior
Navigation

Well, to get to the point ladies and gentleman, there are only 3 cars in the country setup the way she wanted it, along with the sport package, which is an option that I wanted to add...

Long story short, she was blown away with the coupe that I "settled" on..

Touring with Sport Package 7AT
Pearl White
Black Leather
Nav
Illuminated kick plates

Plus I lucked up and got in on Nissan's first EVER 0% offer on the Z's... (so I'm told)

I'm seeing less hesitation to let me hit the golf course whenever I want for the foreseeable future, plus I get to drive it on Sunday's.

CheerZ
Snide697 is offline   Reply With Quote